- Oct 04 2023
- 4:00 pm
- Public Access
Argentina elections: Picking up the pieces
Wednesday, October 4 | 11:00am – 12:00pm EDT / 12:00pm – 1:00pm ART / 4:00pm – 5:00pm BST
Join the FiscalNote Global Intelligence division for a special webinar looking at the presidential and legislative elections in Argentina, which are due to be held on 22 October 2023.
The webinar brings together experts from across FiscalNote’s Global Intelligence division, including Dragonfly, FrontierView and Oxford Analytica.
The election campaign in Argentina is taking place against the backdrop of spiralling inflation, rising social hardship and widespread public disaffection with established political parties. This toxic combination of conditions has propelled the candidacy of libertarian outsider Javier Milei, whose radical economic proposals – such as adopting the US dollar – are highly contentious.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- Our forecasts for the upcoming presidential and legislative elections
- The political, economic and security implications of the election outcome
- Whether the next government can address the country’s economic malaise
- The likelihood of another acute crisis in Argentina
- The geopolitical and strategic implications of the election results
The webinar will include an opportunity for you to pose questions to our panel.
* ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED