International Monetary Fund World Bank Group Meetings 2020
The Annual Meetings of the Boards of Governors of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank Group (WBG) bring together central bankers, ministers of finance and development, private sector executives, representatives from civil society organizations and academics to discuss issues of global concern.
Issues discussed include the world economic outlook, poverty eradication, economic development, and aid effectiveness. Also featured are seminars, regional briefings, press conferences, and many other events focused on the global economy, international development, and the world's financial system. This year's events will take place virtually between October 12-18, 2020.
We are delighted to provide a background briefing book for the Annual Meetings. Selected articles from the Oxford Analytica Daily Brief provide analyses including:
- Pandemic will accelerate the rise of digital payments
- Tech will transform emerging market farm productivity
- Regenerative agriculture needs public-private
- Low-carbon aims need a new set of energy technologies
- Digital services will widen gap among states globally
- Global tensions will spur value chains rethink
- Industrial IoT security lags behind innovation and use
- Foreign policies are adopting gender goals, but slowly
- Latin America risks another lost decade
- EU green ambitions are strongly reflected in budget
- Sustainable bond issuance will increase markedly
- Pandemic will weigh on green bond issuance this year
If you are a member of staff at the World Bank, the IMF, or the IFC, you are also able to access all Oxford Analytica Daily Brief content via the Joint Bank-Fund Library.
Monitor macro economic environment
Central banks, government ministries and international financial institutions worldwide use our Finance & Economy Daily Brief to monitor trends and risks in the macro economy, and to benchmark their own analysis.