Throughout the year we welcome those who are interested in geopolitical analysis to attend our complimentary public webinars to learn from our research and how we can help you navigate complex markets.
Public webinar - April
Geopolitics and the vaccine
April 29, 2021 | 3:00pm - 4:00pm UK (10:00am - 11:00am EDT)
By the end of 2020, vaccine manufacturers had moved with surprising speed. Trials reported impressive results, and several vaccines have now been approved by regulators. Vaccinations offer the only reliable route out of the COVID-19 emergency, with its attendant threats to health systems, economies, livelihoods and government budgets.
Although there have been international efforts to ensure that poorer states can access vaccines, countries with the capacity to manufacture these vaccines and those with the greatest financial resources have gained an advantage over the rest.
Some, but not all, of these countries have made rapid progress in vaccinating their own populations. With the costs of COVID-19 increasing daily, the imperative for the have-nots to acquire scarce doses is increasing - and with it the diplomatic power of those who have vaccines in hand.
Join the Oxford Analytica team for a webinar to examine the geopolitics of vaccines and the challenges facing governments in accessing treatments, planning the rollout and persuading sceptical publics.
By attending this webinar, you will be able to answer these questions:
- Which vaccines and which countries and companies will help facilitate the developing world’s exit from COVID-19 and what is a realistic timescale?
- Securing a vaccine supply will be only the first of several hurdles. Which countries will face further challenges?
- What risks do richer countries face in prioritising their own full economic reopening over giving assistance to poorer nations?
A discussion between:
- Katerina Fytatzi, Senior Analyst, Oxford Analytica
- Joydeep Sen, Analyst, Oxford Analytica
- Benjamin Charlton, Senior Analyst, Oxford Analytica
- John MacLeod, Senior Analyst, Oxford Analytica
Chair: Nick Redman, Editor in Chief and Director of Analysis, Oxford Analytica
Who should attend?
This is a public webinar open to anyone interested in geopolitical analysis. It will benefit those who are in foreign and defence ministries, intelligence agencies, as well as senior executives and those involved in government affairs, legal services and finance, public policy.