University of Oxford Alumni Weekend 2018
The University of Oxford Alumni Weekend 'Meeting Minds' is an annual event bringing together all alumni of the University in a weekend of more than 100 talks, tastings, tours and activities.
Oxford Analytica is delighted to be hosting a Morning Conference on Saturday 15th September.
For over 30 years Oxford Analytica has drawn on academics at Oxford and other universities around the world to provide clients with expert and impartial assessment of the most significant geopolitical and macroeconomic events, in the form of the Daily Brief. A key part of this process is the Editorial Morning Conference, held each working day. It weighs news of the day, underlying developments, upcoming events, forecasts, and client interests to identify key issues or “hot topics” to be addressed. Oxford Analytica is delighted to provide delegates of the Oxford Alumni weekend an opportunity to experience this unique process at work.
The panel will be made up of the following experts:
- Paul Maidment - (moderator), Managing Editor and Director of Analysis, Oxford Analytica.
- Edmund Herzig, Masoumeh and Fereydoon Soudavar Professor of Persian Studies; Fellow of Wadham College, University of Oxford.
- Hartmut Meyer, Director of the European Studies Center, and Fellow and Tutor in Politics, St Peter’s College, Oxford.
- Rana Mitter, Deutsche Bank Director of the China Centre, Oxford.
- Alex Pravda, University Lecturer in Russian Government, St. Antony’s, Oxford.
- Vanessa Rossi, Finance & Economics Region Head, Oxford Analytica.
We are also delighted to provide a briefing book for all delegates attending the session, titled 'The Geopolitical Outlook', with selected articles from the Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, which can be downloaded below.