Director of Analysis / Editor-in-Chief
Oxford Analytica, the leading independent geopolitical analysis and advisory firm, is looking to fill a rare vacancy in one of the most engrossing jobs in the industry, its Director of Analysis.
This is a ‘hands-on’ editor-in-chief role, leading the formulation, presentation and publishing of the firm’s authoritative analysis and working directly with its analysts, its clients and its global expert network of specialist contributors.
About the role
- bridges between the analytical work of the firm and existing and prospective clients in public and private sectors, as well as the media and the broader political risk community;
- is guardian and champion of the firm’s analytical independence, rigour and quality;
- leads the firm’s team of staff analysts and expert network of contributors drawn from the leading universities and research institutes around the world; and
- is editor-in-chief for the firm’s analytical products (all in the English language), notably its flagship Daily Brief and associated products including its new Navigator platform.
- be accustomed to speaking at a senior level to government, NGOs, multinational corporations and the private sector, and equally at public events and to the media;
- have a proven track record of distilling clarity from a complex world and communicating that in person and in published form in ways that are timely, actionable and insightful, and of inspiring a talented team to do the same;
- have led a team of analysts, editors or writers for at least five years at deadline-driven publications (ideally daily), preferably in the areas of geopolitics, international affairs or international economics.
You are likely to succeed in this role if you:
- have high levels of integrity and initiative and an abiding passion for world affairs;
- take a forward-looking view of the latest events, trends and thinking and how they converge with political and social developments in impacting real-world strategy, policy, operations and investments;
- are driven to grow and mentor a talented team in a fast-paced and collaborative professional working environment;
- can work well with the commercial teams as well as with analysts;
- are excited by the challenges of a fast-changing world and industry.
The role is primarily based in Oxford but will involve significant and regular international travel. You therefore must have the right to work in the UK, or be eligible for it without sponsorship, and be able to travel to all major international markets. You must have complete mastery of the English language and be able to communicate, write and edit in English at all levels. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
How to apply
Please apply with CV, publications list (if not incorporated into CV) and covering letter via our jobs portal.
Closing date: June 10, 2019