"[VAPOR]... enables multinationals to assess and compare the financial implications of exposure to a suite of political risks; in individual countries, regionally or globally"
VAPOR - Value at Political Risk
Put a price on political risk
VAPOR (Value at Political Risk) is an online, interactive tool for political risk measurement and management. The joint service from Willis Towers Watson and Oxford Analytica uses an algorithm based on catastrophe risk modeling to deliver risk assessments expressed in USD expected loss.
- Incorporate political risk estimates into your planning, including discounted cash flow, net present value and project economics
- Draw on risk assessments specific to your industry, for six political risk perils in 165 countries
- Measure and prioritise political risk exposures across your entire range of global activities
- Risk ratings by Oxford Analytica, based on a 40-year track record of advising clients on political risk scenarios
- Algorithm developed by Willis Analytics based on field-tested catastrophe risk models
- Sophisticated interactive tool with 24/7 online access
- Dollar-value expected loss and probable maximum loss estimates for political risk
- Portfolio-value-at-risk estimates for one-in-100-year, one-in-200-year, and one-in-1,000-year loss scenarios
- Risk ratings updated quarterly
- Full person-to-person training on getting the most from the tool
- Option: management reports
- Option: custom dashboards
VAPOR Online: Online access to the algorithm and dashboards
VAPOR Report: Management report that measures and prioritises a company’s political risk exposures based on the full range of its international activities
VAPOR Dashboard: Quarterly or biannual financial dashboards that identify and track any changes in political risk exposures over time
Pricing for VAPOR depends on the number of users with access the system and the editions selected.
To obtain an illustrative quotation for the service that meet your needs, please request a demonstration or contact us using the links on this page.
Financial evaluation of political risk exposure
Client team: Risk Management and Finance
Issue: Global operators need a way to incorporate political risk into discounted cash flow projections.
Engagement: The Value at Political Risk online system allows risk and finance teams to produce estimates of expected loss and probable maximum loss from political risk specific to their industry and to their country exposures, and incorporate them into their financial projections.
Result: The client's financial projections incorporate provision for political risk based on a sound methodological footing.
What sets us apart
Our high-calibre in-house team works with over 1,400 expert contributors to deliver on every aspect of geopolitics and macroeconomics and their implications for our clients.
Our authoritative and impartial analysis is built on founding principles and robust methodology.
Founded in 1975, we have an unparalleled track record of analytical judgment and meticulous client care.