University of Oxford Alumni Weekend 2016
The University of Oxford Alumni Weekend 'Meeting Minds' is an annual event bringing together all alumni of the University in a weekend of more than 100 talks, tastings, tours and activities.
Oxford Analytica is delighted to be hosting a Morning Conference on Saturday 17th Saturday.
For the past 32 years Oxford Analytica has drawn on academics at Oxford and other universities around the world to provide clients with expert and impartial assessment of the most significant geopolitical and macroeconomic events, in the form of the Daily Brief. A key part of this process is the Editorial Morning Conference, held each working day. It weighs news of the day, underlying developments, upcoming events, forecasts, and client interests to identify key issues or “hot topics” to be addressed. Oxford Analytica is delighted to provide delegates of the Oxford Alumni weekend an opportunity to experience this unique process at work.
The panel will be made up of the following experts:
- Paul Maidment, Managing Editor and Director of Analysis, Oxford Analytica (Moderator)
- Desmond King, Andrew W Mellon Professor of American Government, Department of Politics and International Relations (Nuffield College)
- Linda Yueh, Fellow in Economics, University of Oxford (St Edmund Hall), Adjunct Professor of Economics, London Business School
- Rory Macleod, Region Head Markets, Oxford Analytica
- Othon Anastasakis, Director, South East European Studies, University of Oxford (St Antony's College)
- Gerald Butt, Region Head Middle East, Oxford Analytica
We are also delighted to provide a briefing book for all delegates attending the session, titled 'Global Prospects', with selected articles from the Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, which can be downloaded below.