This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Oxford Analytica Ltd of 5 Alfred Street, Oxford, OX1 4EH UK.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.oxan.com and other Oxford Analytica websites (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material, saving material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions you may carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type and location, for system administration and tuning. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of our sites by using a "cookie" which is managed by your internet browser and stored on your computer. We use HTTP cookies to help us to improve our sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will never pass your details to third parties in order for them to contact you, unless you have consented to be contacted in this way, except in a narrow set of circumstances described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- Oxford Analytica Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or any contract we may have with you or your employer directly or indirectly, or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oxford Analytica Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes . You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on some of the forms we use to collect your data. If we do not present you with such an option, we will not be using information from that form for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 5 Alfred Street, Oxford OX1 4EH, or emailing email@example.com.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners or others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.