Western Europe Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Oxford-based team delivering authoritative, timely and actionable macro risk analysis of political, economic, business and social developments in Western Europe to clients in government, the public sector, multinational corporations and the financial sector.
In this role, you will:
- commission, edit and write macro risk analysis of the political, economic, security, military and institutional issues facing the region and its countries for our flagship daily subscription publication, the Daily Brief, working with our network of expert external contributors from the world’s leading universities and research institutions.
You will also be required to:
- brief clients in conference calls and in person;
- help manage and develop the contributor network for your region;
- represent the firm at external events and with print and broadcast media; and
- contribute your regional expertise to the firm’s other macro risk products and services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- an academic or working background relating to contemporary Western Europe;
- a post-graduate degree in a relevant field such as international relations, political science or economics;
- demonstrable ability to interpret complex developments in an international context for specialist and non-specialist audiences of strategists, policymakers and investors;
- a track record of commissioning and producing macro risk analysis, preferably in the context of daily publishing;
- an aptitude for editing and writing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative professional working environment;
- ability to develop strong working relationships with senior scholars and other specialists;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with experience in briefing clients, public speaking and talking to the media preferred;
- highly advantageous to have one or more European languages
- high levels of integrity and initiative; and
- an abiding passion for world affairs.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Analysis and be supervised day-to-day by the Head of the Europe Desk.
The hours are 42.5 per week with a competitive benefits package.
You may be asked to take a timed written test prior to any interview.
Pension contribution of 5%, Private Healthcare, PerkBox, EasIt, Holiday Buy Back, Childcare Voucher Scheme
In your application please specify details of relevant experience, current remuneration and when you would be available to start.
As the role is based in central Oxford, you must be eligible to work in the UK
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st July 2018.