Middle East Analyst, 6-12 Months FTC
To cover a maternity leave, we are seeking a temporary Middle East Analyst for our team in Oxford delivering authoritative analysis of political, economic, business and social developments in the region to clients in government, multinational corporations and the financial sector.
In this role, you will:
- commission, edit and write analysis of the region and its countries for our flagship daily subscription publication, the Daily Brief, working with our network of expert external contributors from the world’s leading universities and research institutions.
You may also be required to:
- brief clients in conference calls and in person;
- help manage and develop the contributor network;
- represent the firm at external events and with print and broadcast media; and
- contribute your regional expertise to the firm’s other macro risk products and services.
You will have:
- demonstrable ability to interpret complex developments in an international context for specialist and non-specialist audiences of strategists, policymakers and investors;
- an academic or working background relating to the contemporary Middle East;
- a post-graduate degree in a relevant field and preferably a working knowledge of a regional language;
- a track record in commissioning, writing and editing macro risk analysis, preferably in the context of daily publishing;
- an aptitude for editing and writing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative professional working environment;
- comfort with developing strong working relationships with senior scholars and other specialists;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with experience in briefing clients, public speaking and talking to the media preferred;
- high levels of integrity and initiative; and
- an abiding passion for world affairs.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Analysis.
The hours are 42.5 per week with a competitive benefits package.
You may be asked to take a timed written test prior to any interview.
Pension contribution of 5%, Private Healthcare, PerkBox, EasIt, Holiday Buy Back, Childcare Voucher Scheme.
This is a temporary role on a fixed contract for up to one year starting on a date to be set but no later than the end of September and that will terminate when the post holder returns to work at the end of her maternity leave.
In your application please specify details of relevant experience, current remuneration and when you would be available to start.
As the role is based in central Oxford, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st July 2018.