Events Manager (Maternity cover)
We are seeking to appoint an interim Events Manager to cover Maternity Leave for a period of up to 13 months (February 2018 - March 2019).
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic, organised and experienced Events Manager to work on a world-class event in a collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment.
Reporting to the Global Managing Director, The Events Manager is responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of Oxford Analytica's flagship annual conference, 'Global Horizons', held in September. Global Horizons is a world-class event attended by over 300 delegates and speakers of the highest level, sponsored by leading corporates, international organisations and media. Previous speakers have included Tony Blair, Robert Gates, Kofi Annan and many other international statesmen and corporate leaders.
Additional responsibilities include management of all Oxford Analytica's event outreach, including partnership events, additional conferences, workshops and event proposals.
The successful applicant will run venue and supplier contracts, event marketing and collateral, sponsorship proposals; delegate and speaker invitation, registration and management, as well as all logistics and operations.
The Events Manager runs a team of 1-4 people depending on the time of year, with additional support during the conference itself. He/she works closely with the Principal, who is responsible for curating the content.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant minimum five years' work experience in an Events background
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have experience in:
- Stakeholder management and communication, internal and external (including clients, delegates, speakers, suppliers and internal management)
- Events based on expertise not product
- Supplier negotiation
- Line management
- Budget management
- Building relationships in international and cross-cultural settings
- Microsoft Office suite
It would be advantageous to have experience in:
- Event marketing, including social media, and digital content updates
- Working with the academic community
- Digital content management (e.g. CMS, social media, apps etc)
- MailChimp and Salesforce
Also advantageous would be a knowledge of and interest in international politics and how that applies to business and public-sector decision-makers.
Please provide your CV and a cover letter, including details of current remuneration and when you would be available to start. Please note that the role is based in Oxford, UK. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is 10th December, 2017.